The Tuft and Needle mattress is one of the very first direct-to-consumer bed mattress to hit the market in this newest wave of bed mattress business. They helped start the pattern. When Tuft and Needle initially came out, I was rather skeptical about purchasing a bed mattress online. However after trying it out and getting to comprehend the return policy, I’ve pertained to the conclusion that buying a mattress online is not a huge risk to take. And these bed mattress tend to be a lot less costly than foam bed mattress you’ll find in stores (as well as a higher quality than the cheap Chinese foam mattresses you’ll discover in other places on Amazon). I don’t think T&N is the very best alternative out there, however it’s respectable for the rate, and it might be right for some people. Continue reading to see my ideas in more detail.
First, what’s the appeal of Tuft and Needle to begin with? I believe individuals are (truly) tired with and frightened by the entire bed mattress buying process. They do not want to deal with entering into a display room and bargaining with deceitful salespersons, and they don’t wish to be disabled with 80 different beds to select from. It boils down to the two main fears customers have: they don’t want to buy the wrong bed mattress and they do not want to pay a penny more than they have to. Buying something online can circumvent all of that haggling and restrict the options. So, they discover a bed mattress online that is relatively economical and which gets incredible reviews. The appeal is clear.
Building and construction of Tuft and Needle
The Tuft and Needle mattress is a 10 inch polyurethane foam bed mattress made in America. There is no memory foam, no latex foam, and no coils. The top 3 inches of the bed mattress is made of a proprietary formulation of pressure-relieving foam (they call it triple-layer mixed foam). While it’s not technically latex or memory foam, it has a few of the properties of each. It feels relatively just like memory foam, however it is a bit more bouncy (however not as bouncy as latex foam). Below that foam is 7 inches of a high density assistance foam that the majority of foam mattresses have. The surface (or “ticking” as we call it in the bed biz) is a synthetic rayon/polyester mix. This is a relatively basic, simple bed mattress without any frills, which leads to the lower price point.
Tuft and Needle Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of the Tuft and Needle mattresses
- Excellent reviews on Amazon. At the time of composing this, Tuft and Needle has a 4.3/ 5 star rating on Amazon with nearly 10,000 evaluations. Individuals that own this bed mattress enjoy with it.
- Free trial. They make the return procedure easy, so in this regard, it’s a low-risk purchase. (Note: If you buy through Amazon, you utilize the Amazon totally free trial. To obtain the complete T&N totally free trial, purchase from their site.).
- Price. T&N is $750 for a queen bed mattress, which is a little less than the typical direct-to-consumer bed mattress.
- If you’re a back sleeper or a stomach sleeper, the firm assistance ought to keep you appropriately lined up.
- This will be a little on the firmer side, so if you’re a side sleeper with broad shoulders or broad hips, or are sensitive to pressure, it might be too firm.
- It does not featured a boxspring, so you’ll need to buy among those, a platform bed, or an adjustable base upon your very own.
- You can’t try it before you buy it (however this is mitigated by the in home trial).
Alternatives to the Tuft and Needle.
There is another online-only, American-made bed mattress business out there.
If you’re looking for a higher quality foam bed mattress with a similar story and a comparable return policy, consider Leesa Sleep. They use American-made memory foam and a brand-new kind of foam called Avena to offer more pressure-relieving assistance than the Tuft and Needle, however it’s at a greater cost point. You can read my Leesa review here. (Note: I sleep on the Leesa, and it’s the mattress I suggest most from all the direct-to-consumer mattresses).
For a lower priced alternative to Tuft and Needle at roughly the exact same quality, consider the Love & Sleep by Nest Bed linen. (Here is my review). You have two firmness options and it’s over $100 cheaper in a queen.
If you desire a coil mattress with a comparable return policy and business story, you can also look into Saatva Inc. They have a similar company story, similar return policy, similar reviews, etc, but uses coils for a more standard feel, and is more expensive than Tuft and Needle. (Foam mattresses typically get better client fulfillment ratings, however some people just can’t get used to it and prefer a conventional feel).