One of the common misconceptions about living a healthier lifestyle is that you have to throw a lot of money. The sad thing is that many people shy away from living such lifestyle as they perceive fitness as a money black hole, and they find an excuse to shun exercise in a snap.
If you ask any Sydney heart clinic, you will be advised that getting fit does not necessarily mean having to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars (although you can always do that if you can afford it) as there are dozens of way to get fit without burning a hole on your pocket. This article will discuss some “hacks” on how to shed some fats and improve your cardiovascular health without spending ridiculous amount of money. If you want to achieve the body you’ve been wishing for and to have better health, keep on reading.
- Walk, walk, and walk some more – Instead of parking your vehicle to nearest exit, park it in a spot where you will be forced to walk for few meters. This may seem like an unuseful tip, but if you do this every day, you are doing your body a big favor. Going to a store in your neighborhood? Instead of using your car, just walk. You should know that few meters of walk is way better than not walking at all.
- Bike your way to the top – If you want to save your money gas while getting fit, then biking should be a lot of fun. Cycling for an hour can burn up to 600 calories. If your office is not miles away from your home, you may opt to use your bike rather than your vehicle. Cycling is also a good alternative to other home gym equipment that targets the legs and improves cardio, such as exercise bike and treadmill. Doing this on a daily basis can save you a lot from your gas money and to shed away high amount of body fats, making you healthier before you even noticing it.
- Clean, sweep, and rearrange – Exercising does not necessarily mean going to the gym or playing sports; you can also burn calories by simply doing home chores. By cleaning, sweeping, and rearranging the items in different parts of your home, you are sweating a lot of calories before you even know it. You are hitting two birds in a single shot by doing this tip: you are making your home cleaner and you are improving your health. Nothing beats a clean home and healthy lifestyle.
- Run, yes, run – Running around your neighbourhood is possibly the cheapest strenuous exercise regimen you can choose. All you need are a pair of running shoes and motivation to lift your butt out of the couch. According to health experts of Sydney heart clinic, running is proven to be one of the most efficient fat-busters and it also improves cardio and body strength. Another claim to fame benefit of running is that you always get the ‘runners’ high’ after a good solid run.
- Invest on simple home fitness equipment – If you have some money to spare, invest on simple and affordable home gym equipment. You don’t have to go gaga for the most sophisticated equipment, simple ones like treadmill, dumb bells, and exercise bike will do the trick. However, if you really want to go full frugal, you may rummage thrift stores and buy used exercise equipment.
Of course, you will not get the results you want if you only do the tips above; you have to complement your exercise by eating healthier foods. The point is, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get fit. A healthy lifestyle does not depend on the amount of money you spend, but on the amount of efforts you make.