If you’re reading this, chances are that you’re preparing for the GMAT exam and want to apply to a master’s programme abroad at a prestigious business school. Well, look no further! This article will cover all you need to know about the GMAT entrance exam structure and GMAT registrations.
Mentioned below is an overview of this article:
- GMAT Exam Structure
- Analytical writing assessment
- Integrated reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Verbal reasoning
- GMAT 2022 Registrations
- How to register
- Different methods of registering
GMAT Entrance Exam Structure
The GMAT is a computer-adaptive test conducted by GMAC globally and is accepted by over 2300 business schools around the world. The GMAT entrance exam is required as a compulsory admission requirement to a wide variety of programmes ranging from the MBA to pre-experience master’s specialisations such as MSc in Finance.
Let us understand the structure of the GMAT 2022 exam in a little more detail to get an idea of what the exam entails.
Analytical Writing Assessment
The analytical writing assessment of the GMAT exam requires you to strengthen or weaken the argument made by the author based on a case that is presented to you. You will have 30 minutes to structure your essay. The AWA section of the GMAT 2022 exam is scored on a scale of 0-6 with a half-point increment.
The integrated reasoning section requires you to analyse data presented in a visual format. You have to answer 12 multiple-choice questions on the data that is provided. The IR section is 30 minutes long and is scored on a scale of 1-8 with a one-point increment. The questions asked in the IR section is of four types:
- Two-part analysis
- Table analysis
- Multi-source reasoning
- Graphics interpretation
To solve questions from the quant section of the GMAT, you need to be well versed in basic mathematical concepts particularly from topics such as algebra, geometry and number properties. The questions presented to you are of two types: data sufficiency and word problems. The quantitative reasoning section of the GMAT entrance exam has 31 questions that need to be answered within 60 minutes. This section is scored on a scale of 0-60 with a single point increment.
The GMAT verbal reasoning section tests your command over the English language, your reading and comprehension skills. Like the quant section, it is 60 minutes long and is scored on a scale of 0-60 with a single point increment. This section has 36 questions that you need to answer. The questions asked on the verbal reasoning section of the GMAT entrance exam are of three types: sentence correction, critical reasoning and reading comprehension.
GMAT 2022 Registrations
If you are registering for the GMAT 2022 exam, here are a few guidelines that will prove to be helpful.
How To Register for The GMAT Exam?
The step-by-step guide for registering for the GMAT exam are as follows:
- Keep all your personal information ready and visit the official website of GMAC to create an account.
- Start the registration process by clicking the ‘register now ‘button that you see on the website.
- On the registration page, you will be asked to fill in personal details such as your name, phone number, email ID, address, etc.
- Enter your academic details. Note that this is an optional step and can be skipped.
- You’re not done yet! You need to verify your profile by the GMAC account processing team. This step can take about 48 business hours or sooner.
- Once your account has been verified and confirmed, select your exam dates and schedule your GMAT exam based on the date that is convenient to you.
- Finally, make the payment of $250 (INR 18300 subject to the dollar-rupee exchange rate at the time of your registration). You can make this payment with a debit or credit card or even a cheque.
Different Modes of Registering for the GMAT Exam
GMAC allows four different methods of registering and scheduling your GMAT exam dates, they are as follows:
- Via Phone – by calling 0091-1244945270 between working hours (9 am to 6 pm)
- Via mail or fax – By sending completed registration form via mail or fax. This process may take about 8 weeks.
Now that we have explained to you about the GMAT exam and the various sections and topics of the GMAT entrance exam, you’re better informed and are in a better position to plan your study.