Delhi is home for some of the best engineering colleges in India. Students aspiring to pursue engineering often have this one question in mind as to which engineering college to choose?
Most of the top engineering colleges in Delhi are ranked according to their infrastructural facilities, faculty members, and campus placements.
Here is a list of some of the best engineering colleges in Delhi and their average placement salary.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD)
IITD, one of the top engineering colleges in Delhi was established in 1961. The university conducts various graduate and postgraduate programs and has been elected No. 1 in ranking for 3 consecutive years by ‘Outlook’, one of the most prestigious magazines in India.
For the 2018-19 batch, this year has been favorable. There have been 35 several international offers from recruiters of International companies mainly from Japan, Republic of China, and Singapore.
- On an average, around 80% of the students get recruited every year.
- Reputed companies like Apple, Microsoft, Tower Research, Flipkart, and Qualcomm are regular visitors of IITD.
- The average salary is around 8 LPA and the highest is about 2 crores p.a.
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi (JMI)
JMI, one of the top engineering colleges in Delhi is a UGC approved university. The placement is quite good for the engineering branches.
The university also provides internship programs within the campus. JMI is one of the engineering colleges in Delhi that provide scholarship programs for poor and deserving candidates.
Some of the top recruiters of JMI are TCS, Adobe, Siemens, Zomato, and Jabong.com.
- The Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) the average salary is INR 7.75 lakhs.
- For M.E/M.Tech the average salary is INR 6.12 lakhs.
- The highest payout is of about INR 72 lakhs in an international company.
Established in 1941, DTU is one of the top engineering colleges in Delhi with best courses and fee structure and a 100% placement record.
The college is also famous for internship programs. Big companies like TATA power and Qualcomm recruit interns on an average of INR 15,000-50,000 per month stipend.
The placement cell of the college is excellent and they train and guide their students throughout the whole process.
- Some of the recruiters that visit the campus are PayTM, Microsoft, and Google.
- The highest salary package offered was 80 LPA and the lowest was around 3 LPA.
- The average salary offered was 8 LPA.
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi (NSIT)
NSIT Delhi is one of the best government-aided engineering colleges in Delhi. Established in 1983, the technology institute is an autonomous body and is accredited by the Government of Delhi.
It is indeed one of the finest engineering colleges in Delhi and has been ranked favorably by some of the premium magazines of the country.
NSIT offers a number of undergraduate (B.E), postgraduate (M.Tech), and Doctorate programs (Ph.D.).
NSIT has maintained an excellent record in the placement of its students over the years. Over 90% of the placements are organized every year on the campus itself with an astonishing number of students being hired by some of the industry’s top-notch companies.
The placement cell of NSIT is highly efficient and also arranges for internship programs.
- The annual package of B.E students ranges from a lowest of about INR 4 lakhs to highest of about INR 1.25 crores.
- M.Tech varies between 4 lakhs to 27 lakhs.
- Some top companies that visited the campus are Airtel, Wipro, Amazon, Microsoft, Texas, Google, Samsung, Flipkart, and Nestle India, etc.
Check out the information related to courses, fees, admissions, placements and reviews for top Engineering Colleges in Delhi 2019 https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/ranking/top-engineering-colleges-in-delhi-ncr/44-2-0-10223-0