Students commonly aspire to complete their higher education in one of the universities in the United States. Studies in the US are, however, highly expensive. The several international scholarships to study in the US provided by several universities and organizations are a silver lining for all talented aspirants. Since the universities in America favor international students, there are a large number of opportunities awaiting students who need funds to study there. This article lists some selected examples to help those who look forward to carry out their studies in USA with scholarship.
Scholarships Funded by the Government
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program: This program provides scholarship for professionals with experience to study for 10 months. This program does not avail a degree, but allows students to improve their academic knowledge at several institutions.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program: This scholarship program is meant for graduate students, artists and professionals, funding their education for a duration of a year or longer.
Scholarships Not Funded by the Government
- The Next Gen Scholarship Fund: Applicants for this scholarship worth $1,000 require a minimum GPA of 3.0, and must be enrolled at a recognized university in DC, Washington, Virginia or Maryland.
- Abbey Road Summer Scholarships: This $1,000 scholarship is meant for students of literature and arts, and also includes $500 fellowships for summers.
- Tortuga Backpacks Scholarship: This scholarship, too, is worth $1,000, and is awarded to international students twice every year.
- East-West Center Scholarship and Fellowship: This scholarship is particularly meant for students of the Asia-Pacific.
- MIT Zaragoza Women in Logistics and SCM Scholarship: This scholarship aids female students, irrespective of their age, country or religion, in studying at the Zaragoza Logistics Center of MIT.
- AAUW International Fellowship: This fellowship program is availed by the American Association of University Women particularly to females.
- Rotary Peace Fellowships: These fellowships are awarded to students pursuing their master’s program at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers such as University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and Duke University.
- Brandeis University Wien International Scholarship: This scholarship funds the education of students dedicated for the welfare of the student community.
- Emory University Needs-Based Scholarship: This scholarship funds financially needy students’ education in Emory University.
- Illinois State University International Awards: These tuition fee waivers, merit awards and assistantships are meant for the international students of the university.
- Michigan State University International Scholarship: This program provides scholarships and grants for international students of MU.
- The Art Institutes Scholarship: These competitions and scholarships aid education in several art institutes in the States.
- University of Arkansas International Scholarship: This scholarship funds education under the university for international students.
- University of Oregon International Scholarship: This scholarship funds education at the University of Oregon.
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: This scholarship aims at undergraduate students wishing to pursue education in American University, Washington DC.
- Clark University Global Scholars Program: A scholarship of at least $10,000, it has an additional stipend of $2,500 for Fresher students from different countries.
- Harvard University Scholarship: Harvard University offers many scholarship opportunities, but is not easy to procure.
- Iowa State University International Awards: This scholarship picks and funds the education of international students based on merits.
- New York University Wagner International Scholarships: This scholarship funds education at NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
Aside from the above mentioned scholarships, there are still more that you can apply for and procure based on your eligibility and merits. Studies in the US with scholarships has made it possible for several students in developing countries to fulfil their dream of quality international education.