JEE MAIN 2018 is organised to offer admissions to the eligible and interested candidates who want to take admission in UG programs from NITS (National institute of technologies), IIIT (Indian Institutes of Information Technologies) and other CFTI (centrally funded technical institution) across the country. The candidates can give JEE MAIN exam online or offline both. The date for offline exam paper 1 and 2 is declared to be 8 April and the date for the online exam is 15 & 16 April 2018. The entrance exam is an eligibility test which will evaluate the skills of the applicants who want to pursue further for BE/BTech from NITS, IIITs and CFTIs. The applicants who will qualify in JEE MAIN exam will be eligible for JEE advanced which is the next level exam to secure your admissions.
The eligibility criteria to be followed are given below:
- The candidate should have passed their 10+2 or any equivalent exam in 2016 and 2017 with five subjects from any board (recognized).
- Students should have scored average 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) to secure their admissions in IITs, NITs, CFTIs.
- Candidates should have studied physics and mathematics as main subjects along with one of these subjects as their technical vocational subjects like Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology.
- Age – The Candidates should have born on or after 1st October 1993 and 5 year relaxation is provided for the reserved categories.
The Candidates can appear only 3 times for JEE MAIN Entrance Exam. And this is mandatory to carry their Aadhar card along with them while they are going to appear for the entrance exam. The Aadhar card is mandatory to verify the real identity of the appearing candidate.
The candidates should know that the exam includes two papers- Paper 1 is conducted for the engineering courses such as B.E. / B. Tech and the paper 2 is conducted for Architecture courses like B. Arch / B. Planning. The eligible candidate can apply JEE MAIN paper 1 and paper 2 both or else can give only paper 1 / paper 2 as per their desired program. As, stated the paper 1 will be an multiple choice question which will include 90 questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics. And, similarly paper 2 includes 82 multiple choice question from mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. And, each and every section include different amount of questions for the exam.
This year some of the latest notifications which are done in the exam pattern of JEE MAIN which is stated below:
- Last year, the entrance exam was held in different language such as English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu language but from this year the exam will be held in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages only.
- There is an increase in the number of selected or qualified candidates i.e. from 2, 20,000 to 2, 24,000.
- The candidate has to upload the Scanned copy of the signature of his/her Father/Mother/Guardian in the application form.
- There is an increase in number of exam center in various cities i.e. from 113 last year to 258 now, including 10 from abroad.
- There is also an increase in number of centrally funded technical institution (CFTIs) candidates from 20 to 23.
We hope, this article help you to know whether they are eligible to register and fill the application form or not. And to know more about what documents are required to be uploaded for the application form. Candidates have to keep in their mind that their Aadhar card is a mandatory document to carry along with them.