JEE Main 2018 is held to offer admissions to all the interested and eligible candidates in their desiring undergraduate engineering programs. It plays a gateway for taking admissions in NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs) which are located in India. Joint Entrance Exam is a pen and paper exam which will be conducted on 8 April 2018. However, the online entrance exam will be conducted on 15 and 16 April 2018. JEE Main 2018 scores are also considered by a lot of other government as well as private institutions/colleges/Universities.
The Participant can attend the entrance exam only thrice. And it is contemplated important to carry their original ID proof such as their Aadhar card along with them while they go to take their entrance exam. The Aadhar card or any other Identity proof is mandatory as to identify their real identity.
The latest update about the Joint entrance exam Main 2018 is that the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has declined the number of participants as compared to previous year.
Application Correction Started – JEE Main 2018
The participants must know that the exam consist of two exams- Paper 1 is held for the engineering courses such as B.E. / B. Tech and the paper 2 is held for Architecture courses like B. Arch / B. Planning. The candidates who are interested and eligible to apply can now apply for JEE Main 2018 paper 1 and paper 2 both or else they can opt for only paper 1 / paper 2 as per their desired program. As, it is declared that the paper 1 will be a multiple choice question paper and which will contain almost 90 questions from different subjects such as chemistry, physics and mathematics. And, similarly paper 2 includes 82 objective type questions from mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. And, each and every section contains multiple amounts of questions for the entrance exam.
Here we have mentioned some of the latest notifications which are done in the exam pattern:
- Last year, the JEE Main 2018 entrance exam was conducted in different languages such as English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu language but from this vary year the exam will be held in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages only.
- There is also an increase of 4000 number of qualified participants which is now increased from 2, 20,000 to 2, 24,000.
- The candidate has to upload their required Scanned copy of their documents such as signature of his/her Father/Mother/Guardian in the application form.
- There is an increase in the number of the test centers which are located in various cities i.e. from 113 last year to 258 now, including 10 from abroad.
- There is also an upgrade of 3 CFTIs (centrally funded technical institutions) for applicants from 20 to 23.
Read the full eligibility criterion before you go to apply for the JEE Main 2018 entrance exam. The participant must have cleared their 10+2 or must have any other equivalent degree in 2016 and 2017 along with five subjects from any of the recognized board. Candidates must have obtained average 75% marks (65% average marks are for SC/ST) to take admissions in Indian Institutes of Information Technology, National Institute of Technology, centrally funded technical institutions. Applicants should have studied physics and mathematics as their main subjects along with one of the stated subjects as their technical vocational subjects which are Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology. And the applicants must have born on or after 1st October 1993 and 5 year of relaxation is offered for all the reserved categories candidates.