Imparting knowledge to children is one of the most noble professions. But this profession requires a lot of skills and patience. As easy as this job looks, there are a lot of requirements that you need to fulfill to become a successful teacher. The art of teaching is certainly not an easy one. But if you can master the art, teaching is one of the most beneficial and satisfying professions.
To make sure you do not miss the opportunity of getting the job of a teacher, here are all the tips about resume format for teacher job
Teachers are the strongest pillars of the society. Without them, a country will have no future. Even more, the job opportunities for teachers have multiplied immensely since the 90s. There are a lot of ways and qualifications to become a teacher.
- To become a primary teacher in a Government school you need to have a senior secondary school certificate or intermediate. Along with this, you will also need a bachelor of elementary education, B.El.Ed. Even a diploma or a certificate in basic teacher’s training of at least two years’ duration is also acceptable.
- For a secondary level teacher, that is for being a teacher for classes 9 and above, you should have a graduate or postgraduate degree. In addition, you also need to have a Bachelor’s in Education.
Related Blog: Profile Summary for Resume
Various Kinds of Teaching Opportunities
- Pre Primary Education: Pre Primary teachers are the ones who teach children from the age of 3 to 5. You can opt for a lot of courses for pre-primary teaching. You can either opt for Nursery Teacher Training (NTT), Primary Teacher Training (PTT) or even a Diploma in Education (D.Ed).
- Primary Education: Primary Education is the teaching of children who come under the age group of 6 to 12 years. Basically, students of class 1 to class 5. You need to have a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education as mentioned above or go for a Primary Teacher Training Programme.
- High School Education: High School Education is the teaching of students from the age group of 13 to 16 years. The requirements of a high school or a secondary level teacher are already mentioned above.
Apart from these basic qualifications, you also need to clear the CTET and TET, Central Teacher Eligibility Test which is a compulsory certificate required to be a teacher now. People generally opt for a career in teaching without realizing what it takes to become a teacher.
Soft Skills Required For A Teacher
- Have patience towards children
- Be enthusiastic about imparting knowledge to students around
- Have good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills is a must
- Be self-confident
Teaching is undoubtedly a rewarding career. You can start at the entry-level and keep climbing the ladder of career growth. There is no stopping you. After gaining sufficient experience you can also get the chance of being posted to higher ranks. You could be a department head, vice-principal or even a principal.
A teaching job gives you job satisfaction as well as respect. Teachers are respected all over because they are the ones who help in building the future of individuals.
About The Author:
Sumedha is a Content Developer at Receptix. She is a Post Graduate in English and has the penchant for creating a variety of content that is attention-grabbing. She develops real-world content that can certainly elevate the strategic stance of an organization. Skilled in writing detailed articles about the what’s and if’s of the corporate world and finding a job.