We are well aware of the liver disorders in the adults, but you would be surprised to know that this disorder equally prevails in the children too. Over 30 % of the children across the world are suffering from irreversible liver disorders. The treatment for the same may or may not be available in all the countries. However, the procedure is highly successful in India, and also the Liver Transplant Expenses in India are affordable for all.
In western countries, where the quality treatment for liver disorders in children is possible, the surgeons charge very high, which might not be within the budget of the parents. If you have financial concerns, do not compromise with the health of your child, instead plan your medical tourism to India.
More About Liver Transplant Treatment and Cost of Liver Transplant in India:
The first-ever liver transplant in children was performed over two decades ago in India, that is in the year 1998. The surgery was done on an eighteen-month-old child, and there was no complications in the baby for the next 20 years. After twenty years, with the required medical assistance, the patient lived a healthy life. It is just an example of the first paediatric liver transplant surgery in the country, after that, there were various surgeries performed on different age groups, and all of them were successful.
Now, let us talk about the factors that determine the cost of liver transplant in children. The price for the Best Liver Transplant Surgery in India depends on:
- The choice of a treatment centre for the surgery
- Fees of the medical team performing the treatment
- Expenses involved in the post-surgical recovery care
- Health disorders that require medical assistance before the liver transplant surgery
- Price for the diagnosis and evaluation
- Location of the treatment centre
- Cost of the medicines and drugs, before during and after the treatment
- Immunosuppressants to be taken for the rest of the life after the Liver transplant surgery, to avoid the rejection of the transplanted organ
- The treatment procedure followed for performing the liver transplant, which might vary depending on the medical condition of the patient
- Number of days spent in the hospital before, during, and after the treatment
The liver transplant cost in India varies between USD 29,000 to 45,000. It is one of the most economical range for the medical procedure. Not only the cost of surgery is low for the operation, but also the medicines are available at a minimum price in India.
Final Words: It is easy to handle the end-stage liver disorders in adult patients, but the treatment in children must be immediate or else it will impact their overall growth. It can be a hindrance to their education also. So, make no more delay in planning the treatment for your child. If you could not find the paediatric surgeon for your child, approach the medical tourism companies. Medical tourism companies in India connect you to the best medical facilitator of the country and also get a personalised quote for your treatment.