There are employers who have tried and tested various things but have now finally settled to not putting an effort into taking good care of employees. Why? Because they have given up and accepted the fact that no matter what they do, the employees won’t ever be truly satiated and contented.
Well! If you are also one of such employers who believe in the same, it’s time to get over it. Here in this post, we tell you 15 ways to keep employees happy. Don’t worry anything mentioned below won’t dig a hole in your pocket. So, let’s begin!
- Free Lunch- By free, we mean actually absolutely free. The lunch that you provide should not be considered as a part of CTC. This will make the employees feel appreciated, cared and loved. Make sure the food tastes good and there is no limit to the quantity.
- Work from home- There is nothing better than working in a company that allows work from home. It is so as there are days when employees have some of their personal work, or just aren’t in high spirits, there may also be some injury. Work from homes comes off as bliss in such cases. Infact, it is best for those who have a long commuting distance. You can use your attendance and travel management software to keep a track.
- Time for their own interests- The employees should be given time in the office hours, if not daily then on some days to explore the opportunity and serve their area of interest. It isn’t just a perk for them, but you as well. Your employees will actually become multi-talented. And who would not like to have a jack of all trades?
- Flexibility- Flexibility in terms of hours is the most appreciated. All fingers are not the same and so, your employees are also different. For instance, some are morning persons and some are lazy bums. So, it is always a great perk to allow employees to come on the time they want. You can have fixed work hours that they should be completing in a day though; you can keep a track of the same on attendance management software.
- Little gestures- The employees also love sweet little gestures like a fridge stocked with ice-creams, juices, chocolates. Primarily, snacks and tea/coffee is what they would love to munch on or take their breaks on. A cutesy note on their desks for rewarding their little achievements should also be counted in.
- Nap room- You should allow the employees to take naps. This will show the employees that you care about their health and sleep. In a way, it is healthy for you as well-rested people are more creative and productive. Try this and you will come to know that it will allow employees to improve happiness and performance as well of the employees at your workplace.
- Share the space- The spaces should not be restricted to certain people in the office. For instance, the manager of a team should allow the team to use their cabin for meetings and calls. This makes the employees feel more belonged, equal and respected.
Besides all this HR and travel management software are always there to track and maintain the happiness quotient of the employees.