It is a national level examination for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Central Board of Secondary Education is the organizing authority which conducts the entrance exam across India. It is an entrance exam which provides admissions into medical and dental under graduate courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of India. From 2016, AIPMT exam has been replaced by National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. All medical institutes consider NEET scores for providing admission in various MBBS/ BDS courses.
- Applications will release in the month of December 2017
- The last date for filling the application form will fall in the last week of January 2018
- The last date for submitting the application fee falls on last week of January 2018
- Admit card will release in the month of April 2018
- Exam will be conducted in the month of May 2018
- Result will be declared in the month of June 2018
The application procedure is mentioned as-
- The candidates can avail the application form via online mode only
- The candidates are required to visit the official website
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact information, qualification, etc.
- Candidates are required to upload scanned images of photograph, signatures and index finger impression in the prescribed format
- The payment of the fee for the application fee will be made using online and offline mode.
- Once the payment of the fee is made, take the print out of the confirmation page of the application form and maintain it till the process of admission gets over.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs.1400 for the general and OBC categories and Rs.750 for the reserved categories
- The payment of the fee can be made online either with the help of debit or credit card
- Payment of the fee can also be done through the e-challan of SBI, ICICI, HDFC or Syndicate bank.
- Nationality- The candidates must be a citizen of Indian, OCI candidates are also eligible to apply for the NEET entrance exam 2018. Candidates are required to have AADHAAR card in order to apply for the entrance exam.
- Age Limit- The minimum age limit for the candidates is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years for general and OBC candidates and 30 years for other categories.
- Qualification- The candidates must have cleared 12th class with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject with minimum of 50% marks for general and 40% marks reserved categories.
- There will be 180 marks in the exam.
- The exam will be conducted online mode.
- The questions will be asked in the objective form.
- The questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects.
- The duration of exam is 3 hours
- The question paper will be asked in 8 languages English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu
There will be negative marking in exam