For diagnosing spinal stenosis, the doctor might ask you about symptoms and signs, consider the medical history as well as manage a physical examination. He or she might order various imaging tests for helping pinpoint the source of the signs and symptoms.
Such tests may include the following:
• X-rays: An X-ray of the back can disclose bony changes including bone spurs that might be narrowing the area of the spinal canal. The X-ray is involved with a slight exposure to the radiation.
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Magnetic Resonance Imaging or MRI utilizes a strong magnet as well as radio waves for producing cross-sectional images involved with the spine. The specific test is able to detect the damage to the ligaments and disks along with the existence of tumours. Most importantly, it can display where the nerves are being pressured in the spinal cord.
• CT or CT myelogram: In case you cannot have an MRI, the doctor might give the recommendation of CT or computerized tomography – A test, combining X-ray images acquired from a range of different angles for producing cross-sectional and detailed images of the body. During a CT myelogram, the CT scan is managed after the injection of a contrast dye. The dye defines the nerves and spinal cord. It can disclose bone spurs, herniated disks, and tumours.
Spinal Stenosis Surgery
The spinal stenosis treatment is dependent on the location involved with the stenosis along with the seriousness of your symptoms and signs. Consultation with a doctor is very important to get familiar with the treatment that is appropriate for your situation.
In case the symptoms are mild or if you are not experiencing any, then your doctor might observe your condition through the regular follow-up appointments. If you want to know about spine treatment without surgery India, then you can search the internet, then you can search the internet.
Some self-care tips might also be offered that you can perform at home. In case these do not help, he or she might recommend physical therapy or medications. Surgery might be an option in case other treatments have not helped.
It is common for the individuals, who are involved with spinal stenosis for becoming less active, in an attempt to alleviate pain. However, it can cause muscle weakness resulting more pain. A physical therapist could instruct you exercises that may assist:
• Build up the endurance and strength
• Keep the stability and flexibility of the spine
• Improve your balance
Surgery might be considered in case other treatments have not helped or if you are impaired by symptoms. The objectives of surgery incorporate alleviating the pressure on the nerve roots or spinal cord by generating additional area within the spinal canal.
According to Research, spine surgeries result in negligible complications while performed by highly experienced surgeons. You need to ask the surgeon’s experience in the field of stenosis surgery. In case any queries and doubts, you should obtain a second opinion. To know more about spine treatment in India, you can ask a doctor.