First impressions are always important to leave a good image of something you are trying to promote or sell. When it comes to business, it is of utmost importance that you focus on the basic elements of online marketing, and web design is one of them. Why is it so important? It is because good web design can dictate how much your website will be successful in attracting more business. It is crucial to convert visitors into valuable leads and potential customers, and only a well-planned site can help you achieve that.
Why is web design important and how does it help in generating more business?
In today’s fast-paced world, the attention span of individuals has decreased considerably. To grab the attention of a visitor, you need to focus on how your website looks. An attractive site catches attention and generates interest. Also, making a connection with the user is also crucial. Here are some facts that highlight why good looks are essential for a good website:
- If you compare a group of users and their online habits over a set amount of time, you will find that people interact more with a site that has a rich user experience.
- The first few seconds are essential to make a good impression in the minds of the people. If you fail to do that, users will leave.
- Credibility is what makes people genuinely interested in a certain company. Thus, it is essential to establish your credibility. Data shows almost 50 percent of people relate a well thought out web design with reliability.
- The web browsing habits of people reveal that they tend to spend more time on a website that is rich and detailed rather than plain and bland.
Responsive web design is the key to optimize your website across all platforms
Responsive design is a schematic of web composition that entails optimization of your site across all platforms to ensure a great user experience. This might involve the moving around of some content such as hiding or prioritizing to assure better visibility and relevance to the concerned platform. There are many benefits of making a website responsive such as:
- There are no hassles of operating different versions of the site for devices such as PC or Mobile. With a responsive design, all you need to do is manage one website.
- Responsive websites have better SEO results and are preferred by the majority of the search engines.
- The hassles decrease for the owners of the website as responsive versions are easier to manage and are cost effective.
- The fluidity of the content along with optimized viewing experience ensures an increased number of visitors.
Web Design: Invest Wisely, Reap Rewards
Web design is one of the best investments you can make for your business. Without a proper website, there is no scaled visibility of your business, and in the era of search engine optimization, that can prove to be harmful to your growth. It is essential to focus on your web advertising campaign if you hope to grow further in your sector. Thus, investment in business means more money, and that might lead to increased business debt. Debt might be scary for those in the unknown. That is why experts at national debt relief sites advise consultation with professionals to manage and consolidate your debts for your benefit.
Being Mobile Friendly is the necessity of every website
That cannot be more relevant now. Since the advent of smartphones and attractive data plans, there is a gradual shift happening in the way people visit a website. Accessibility on the go has become very important, and the change has gone from PCs to smartphones. Thus, it is crucial to make a website mobile-friendly, and the numbers do not lie. It has been estimated that there will be further growth in the number of smartphone users which has already crossed the two billion mark. Thus, it is necessary to be mobile friendly in the web design process. It might include features such as:
- A limited amount of scrolling should be required for a better browsing experience.
- Making your address one of the first things you see on the website. Adding to that, linking navigation with the business address for the convenience of the customers.
- Making it easier for the customers to contact you by adding click to call functionality to the mobile website.
With the technical aspect of the website taken care of, we move on to the optimization of the website to make it more relevant. Content is better for desktop visitors, but information takes precedence in mobile sites.
General problems that arise from not having an optimized and well-maintained website
The era of Smartphones is here on us and will be for years to come. As the technology evolves, the browsing habits change and adapt to the prevailing trends, the current of which is mobile browsing. Therefore, it is essential to maintain your websites according to the modern standards. General usability errors and problems include:
- Simple text content laid out in a monotonous manner. This has a twofold effect. Some people switch over to other devices, and some people leave the website altogether.
- Slow loading of images and content on the website. It happens to be the biggest reason why users stop engaging.
- The website is difficult to navigate around, and people cannot find what they are looking for.
- The way in which the content is presented to the user is unappealing.
If any business has a website, the potential customers see that site as a representation of how that company works and whether it is legitimate enough. It goes to show how indispensable the element of web design is. That is where you can take care of what matters to a user. Better visibility, ease of navigation, smartphone compatibility and optimization across all platforms make up for a complete website. More visitors mean better visibility and excellent chances of conversion.
Marina Thomas is a marketing and communication expert. She also serves as content developer with many years of experience. She helps clients in long term wealth plans. She has previously covered an extensive range of topics in her posts, including business debt consolidation and start-ups.