Nestling in the Idukki district, at a height of 6000 ft., Munnar is a hilly town in the Western Ghats of Kerala. This charming town has the right mix of magnificence, peace, and natural vitality. The lavish green tea ranches that are all pervasive in this spot and the grand magnificence that Munnar is honored with, make it a heaven for lovers of nature, couples, and elderlies.
Before zeroing in on the best of Munnar tour packages, read through the highlights of this pretty place so as to not waste time enquiring about the attractions in Munnar that you can tour. Save time, and make the best of your trip!
Staying in Munnar
Depending on one’s necessity, there are astounding options for a stay in Munnar. Whether one needs an extravagant convenience, a reviving stay with spa facilities, a perfect spot for family, or a homestay, Munnar is brimming with alternatives to satiate the need of each and every kind of traveller. So, while the budget hotels and homestays in Munnar can be a perfect last minute resort, the other appealing alternatives can ruin the explorer for good.
Attractions in Munnar
- The first important thing that one must do while in Munnar is to visit the tea manors. Munnar has more than 50 tea domains in and around it, which makes it all the more a perfect outing for the gourmets out there.
- Another most popular site for sightseers in Munnar is the dazzling Mattupetty Dam which is constructed the slope scopes of Munnar, and is utilized primarily for water stockpiling for hydroelectric tasks.
- Kundala Lake is the most loved spot amongst the couples. The lake was artificially made and has boating facility as well. Appreciate the greens around while paddling free soul.
- The Echo Point is the ideal spot for children. Shout out something, and inside of a moment, one can hear their reverberation back.
- The entire procedure of picking tea leaves to conveying them the nation over can be comprehended and seen at the Tea Museum situated at KDHP’s Nullatanni domain in Munnar.
No outing is finished without appreciating the sweet nothings from that place. Munnar has an assortment of eateries and restaurants that take into account the taste buds of every last sorts. From Chinese, to North Indian, and obviously customary South Indian cooking, Munnar has it all.
The closest airplane terminal to Munnar is the Cochi International Airport, which is around a drive of 3 hours to Munnar. Another option is the train. The nearest railroad station to Munnar is the Aluva Railway Station which is at a separation of 110 km from Munnar. You can now also check the train status and other such related things on IRCTC’s or other railway applications to keep a track of your train timings and make suitable arrangements.