Situated in the Eastern Indian state of Odisha, Puri is an enchanting city that traces its roots back in history. Tourists from all over the world travel to this destination to explore the colossal monuments, view the various temples, have a glimpse of the varied wildlife and taste the traditional delicacies.
Also referred to as Jagannath Puri after the famous Jagannath temple, the ancient temple town is situated at the Bay of Bengal. Puri is famously mentioned in historical Hindu texts as one of the seven holy cities in the Indian subcontinent. The holy land is one of the stops for pilgrims partaking in the Char Dham pilgrimage.
Apart from the temples, Puri is also known for its water bodies like rivers, lakes and beaches. A must visit is the peaceful Puri Beach. With its strategic location at the Bay of Bengal, the Puri Beach is a scared destination for Hindus. The beach is famous for its beach festival that takes place annually. It is also a playground for sand artists who like to display their skills by building sand sculptures of different kinds.
The best time to visit this much sought after destination is during the winter time. The beautiful city is at its peak during the months from starting November to mid February. The first step in planning your Puri travel is to book an affordable yet comfortable hotel. Hotels in Puri are plenty, so your search should begin by searching online for the best hotels in Puri and then select the one that meets all your needs.
Let’s have a look at some cost friendly hotels in Puri that offer you with the best of amenities, views and services.
- Hotel Nilachal: Located at the centre of the sea side town on the Gourango Chawk at Swargadwar, this warm and welcoming hotel is conveniently situated 2 kilometres away from the Puri railway station. With facilities like power backup and in-house restaurant, you will rest assured enjoy your Puri stay at this gorgeous property.
- Deep Resorts: This sea facing hotel will give you never before views of the beach. You will also be able to enjoy delectable delicacies at the in-house restaurant. Power backup ensures that your stay will be not interrupted.
- Golden Sand: Located at the New Marine Drive, this magnificent property boasts of luxurious sea facing rooms that offer you unending views of the sea.
- Hotel Bangalaxmi: This hotel has a variety of property amenities that range from conference hall, in-house restaurant, Jacuzzi, steam bath, health centre, etc. The room are also sea facing.
- Hotel Finch: With rooftop restaurant and sea facing rooms, Hotel Finch is any traveller’s dream comes true. It is located on the New Marine Drive Road.
- Hotel Sonali: Located opposite to the Sea Beach, this is a sea facing property that is conveniently located near the Biju Patnaik Airport (65 km away). It has a conference hall and a restaurant.
- Hotel Suv Palace: This Sea facing property offers unparalleled views of the Bay of Bengal. The rooms are spacious and air conditioned to give you a never before stay in the holy city of Puri.
- Park Beach Resort: Enjoy the lovely view of the sea as you stay at this gorgeous sea side property. It is located 2.5 km from the holy Lord Jagannath temple.
The above list of the Best hotels in Puri should give you a fair idea of where to stay in Puri. We hope your search for the best hotels in Puri ends here!