Acrylic paintings are the paintings which are made of acrylic paint. This paint is dilute and has to be mixed with something for the application. Paintings of any genre or style can be created with this paint. Just like every painting requires care, acrylic paintings also do. Though keeping them pristine clean is a bit tricky, if done the way we are telling, the painting will surely stay like it is new for a long time.
So, let’s have a look at the tips that you can adapt easily.
• Don’t hang paintings where sunlight falls off directly. If you will do so, the color of the paintings will fade away. However, if you want that kind of light keeps the painting under halogen lights. As these lights give the same kind of shine to the painting without affecting the colors in the painting.
• Basically, you should not expose your paintings to extreme temperatures. The place where you keep your paintings should not be very high or very low. Temperatures below 40 °C and above 60 °C are not favorable.
• For keeping the painting looking like it’s new, you should try to hang the painting where the temperature is constant. The place should not be humid.
• If you are storing or moving the painting, wrap it up. Cover it with something that is water resistant. Also, don’t put any hard and weighty object on the painting as it will leave a dent in the painting and you obviously don’t want that to happen.
• Moreover, keep in mind that the painting will also shake due to the bumpy road and speed breakers. So try to make the painting cushioned, wrap it and seal it. In a nutshell, the packaging should be puncture, humidity and dent resistant.
• If you want to clean the original acrylic paintings you own, we suggest you to not to use any liquid solvent for cleansing. As the dirt and grease on the surface4 will become liquid and settle in the crevasses of the painting. This will make the painting look dirtier.
• Instead of using the cleansing agents, use compressed air to blow off the dust from the painting. If you aren’t able to find one, use a dry brush that has soft bristles. Be very careful while doing this as you might scratch or hit the painting.
Succinctly, if you will follow the aforementioned tips, you will be able to clean, store and move your painting from one place to the other without any damage. Apart, from this, the only advice that we would like to give is if your painting isn’t getting cleaned properly even after trying the tips we have told, consider visiting an art restorer. Do so and hang your paintings with less humidity and less sunlight.