Finding a company to move your car to your new home or for business needs can be a challenge. There is a range of companies out there providing professional auto transport services, but not all of them will offer the full range of features that you’re looking for. In order to get the best experience possible, it’s important to narrow your search down to a set of particular factors. Decide whether the business in question meets the following criteria, and if they do, they should be a good fit.
- What vehicles do they have available? In order to find the company that suits your needs, it often helps to start by looking at their fleet. A well-established, reliable company will probably have a large fleet at their disposal, with a suitable car transporter available for every type of vehicle and scenario. Ask the company about what their fleet consists of, and find out whether they have the type of freight or carrier that you’ll need to move your vehicle.
- Where do they go? Some companies offer a fairly limited range of transport options, while others have a wide scope for their services. If you’re looking to travel interstate or ship your car across the country, you’ll need a company with the appropriate routes and capacity to go the distance.
- What is the cost? Find out all of the costs upfront before you decide on an auto transport company to move your vehicle. You’ll need to know whether your vehicle will be insured throughout the travel process, whether the rates are worked out by distance or at a specific set rate, and if the price can change according to the carrier used or time of year in question. Ask plenty of questions and be willing to compare prices and quotes before you make up your mind.
- Know if your vehicle will incur extra costs. Some shipping companies add additional fees when dealing with certain types of vehicles. For example, if your vehicle is worth a substantial amount of money, this may affect the rate offered by the company. If you’re looking to transport a truck or large SUV, this could also affect the price. Find a fair deal before you settle.
- Read reviews. It’s always useful to find out exactly what other customers think about a company before you agree to use their service. Check online for recent reviews, and be sure to check the company responses to negative reviews in case they may have been slandered unfairly. Positive reviews almost always indicate that you can expect good service overall when moving your vehicle.
How long will it take? If you need to get a vehicle somewhere in a hurry, for a trade show or event, for example, then the expected delivery time offered by the company will be crucial to your decision making process. Some companies will offer faster delivery times than others, so ask around to find out which business will be able to deliver your vehicle in the timeframe you need. You need to be sure how much advanced notice the company requires to book the auto transport so that you’re fully prepared for the move when the day arrives.