If you’re scratching your head and wondering what on earth the ‘Chroma Key’ effect is – don’t worry. Odds are you know it by the more widely used ‘green screen’ effect that has been adopted by most people. Essentially both those terms describe the same sort of special effect however, where the subject is filmed against a ‘green screen’ background and that background is subsequently replaced with another image or video.
Although it may seem as though that kind of special effect is well beyond your ability to reproduce, with Movavi Video Editor you can actually apply it on your videos. The best part is it won’t even be very complicated and can be done by following these steps:
- Click ‘Add Media Files’ and select both the foreground video (with the subject filmed against a background of solid color) and the background video.
- Select the foreground video where it would have appeared in the ‘Timeline’ and drag it upwards till a new video track (known as the ‘Overlay track’) appears and drop it in place there.
- Double-click on the foreground video to start editing it.
- Expand the list above the ‘Preview’ window and select ‘Cover’ so that the video completely covers the background video.
- Open the ‘Tools’ tab and find the ‘Chroma Key’ option.
- Click the background of your video when you select the ‘Chroma Key’ option so that the box in the menu has the same color as your background.
- Adjust the ‘Tolerance’ and ‘Noise level’ sliders until the background video becomes clearly visible.
- Click ‘Apply’ when you’re satisfied and then ‘Export’ to save your video.
As you can see, using Movavi Video Editor as green screen software is really relatively straightforward. Of course the best way to see just how easy it is would be to get some firsthand experience by trying it out for yourself.
When you do try out Movavi Video Editor, be sure to also explore its other features. By using them you can cut and combine video segments, improve the quality of your videos, add customizable text, insert audio tracks, and of course apply various other types of special effects and filters.
All in all the tools that Movavi Video Editor will give you can help you to produce some truly amazing videos. Even if you have little or no experience creating, editing or filming videos you should be able to come up with a final video that really does look as if it was produced professionally and the best part is that you wouldn’t have had to jump through any hoops in order to get it done.