Gynecologists are the doctors having specialization in female organ health and women need them from their early teens to older age in terms of general health issues. Consulting Gynecologist is recommended when a woman has concerns regarding vulvar, pelvic as well as vaginal pain from the uterus .however there are many conditions that are treated by gynaecologists:
- Fertility, pregnancy, menstruation and menopause issues
- Matters of family planning counting sterilization, contraception and pregnancy termination
- Having problems regarding tissues that support pelvic organs
- Urinary as well as fecal incontinence
- Cancers of the reproductive tract, breasts
- Pregnancy-related tumors
- Sexuality related issues like related to same-sex or else bisexual relationships
Things to keep in mind before visiting the best gynecologists in India
It’s obvious to be a bit nervous when you have an appointment with the gynaecologist. there are many things that you should keep in mind before visiting gynecologist:
- Your doctor will be very friendly to you and talkative too to put you to ease.he/she will ask you about your health history like the menstrual cycle, family, health and whether you are sexually active.
- The doctor will recommend a few tests, and these examinations can vary depending on your condition.
- In many cases, gynaecologists also take the external genital exam and will look at the area around the vaginal opening
- Conversations between you and gynecologists will be kept confidential if you are above 18 years of age. If you are below 18 years of age, the details will be shared with parents or guardians.
- It is fine to ask queries when you visit a gynecologist as no topic is too weird to discuss. Don’t think that your question will be embarrassing in any case.
- If you have a period when the appointment is scheduled with a gynaecologist, you can still visit, but it may be better to postpone if there is no urgency.
List of best gynecologists in India
- Dr Hrishikesh D Pai
Dr Hrishikesh D Pai renowned Obstetrician & Gynecologist in India having 26 years of experience. He is pioneered in the field of Micromanipulation in India.
2. Dr Rama Joshi
Dr Rama Joshi, famous Gynecologist and Obstetrician
with an experience of 26 years. She has expertise in all types of cancer surgeries related to women, such as treatment of cancer ovaries and cancer of the uterus.
3. Dr Suman Lal
Dr Suman Lal has 20 years of experience and is an obstetrician and gynecologist. She received many prizes for academic papers nationally as well as internationally and is a Gold Medalist in Gynecology.
4. Dr Anjali Kumar
Dr Anjali Kumar, having 23 years of experience and is head of the department at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. She is a gynecological endoscopic surgeon and has successfully handled many VBACi.e. Vaginal Births after Caesarean cases.
5. Dr Anjali Aneja
Dr Anjali Aneja is a Gynecologist and Obstetrician, with 27 years of experience and associated as a director at Fortis Memorial Research Institute. She expertise in high-risk deliveries. She is also a life member of prestigious organizations like AOGD and NARCHI.
6. Dr R Charumathi
Dr R Charumathi is a well known Gynecologist having 31 years of experience. She specializes in Cosmetic labiaplasty, Fertility Treatment, and Hymenoplasty currently working as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
7. Dr Aruna Kalra
Dr Aruna Kalra is one of the best gynecologists in India having 18 years of experience. She has expertise in High-Risk Pregnancy Care, Female Infertility Treatment, Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Normal Vaginal Delivery (Painless), Laparoscopy Hysterectomy etc.
8. Dr Kumkum Vatsa
Dr Kumkum Vatsa is currently working as a senior consultant with the Department of Gynecologist and Obstetrician at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, having 34 years of experience. She expertise at high-risk pregnancies, Hysteroscopy, Laparoscopy and Colposcopy.
9. Dr Vinutha Arunachalam
Dr Vinutha Arunachalam is a Gynaecologist and
Obstetrician and has 26 years of experience. She specializes in Infertility treatment, Robotic Surgery, and Laparoscopic Surgery.
10. Dr Sandeep Chaddha
Dr Sandeep Chaddha is one of the best gynecologists in India having 19 years of experience. She had performed more than 7000 deliveries and bout 6000 gynecological surgeries.
Consulting best gynecologist in India is essential if you have any of the above-listed problems to stay healthy.