Finally, you have succeeded in reaching the top of SERPs. Traffic keeps on coming to your site. Everything is going as smooth as you like. This is the time you’ll be feeling on top of the world. This is it then. You’ve done it!But there’s more to it than you think. Maintaining your position requires many other things that those that you have followed.
Next thing you need to focus on after having reached and secured your place at the top is user engagement. You, your brand and your website need to deliver everything you have promised to the end users – those that you made on search pages.
You need to do a lot of research on users’ behavior and psychology as you’ll be getting traffic from a variety of places. Users will definitely have different perspectives, behaviors, norms and personal tastes. So, be honest with you users, and if you are honest, you’ll be investing your efforts, time and money on conversion rate optimization, rather than anything else.
This post is all about CRO (conversion rate optimization) that’s one basic part after getting desired results on SERPs. Before moving ahead, if you have any issues climbing up the ranking ladder, you can talk to Webryze that offers search engine optimization in Toronto at reasonable rates. Plus, when you get there, it will help you maintain your position in the following manner:
- By pinpointing important webpages in your website
- By recording existing data,
- By identifying the weaknesses and leaks,
- By formulating hypothesis and validating your hypothesis
- Through A/B testing.
Now, lets get started!
SEO has Changed
Earlier, SEO used to be quite simple to follow. You just have to stuff the keywords and wait for your website or pages to rank on search engines. It became a little bit more technical with time, and right now, it’s an entirely different thing to follow. You need to be on your toes all the time with so many updates and changes in algorithms, fearing you might be out of the competition any time.
Consider You’re On Top
Lets’ just consider you have achieved the top ranking on search engines by means of the following:
- In depth keyword research for local as well as non-local keywords
- Comprehensive study of competitors’ keywords
- Completing and claiming listings on local and international directories
- PPC and organic campaigns, and more
What will be your next step?
Engage Your Audience
First thing’s first, understand that there is a huge difference between a successful website and a website that’s getting a huge traffic. In fact, the latter may not be getting the same amount of traffic after few days, due to numerous factors involved.
Second thing is, a website may be getting a traffic but it doesn’t convert. There’s a lot more effort in converting leads.
An act of converting site visitors into paying customers. It can also be considered as an action that triggers a previously set goal. This leads us to another term, Conversion Rate Optimization. It is the way to improve your website’s conversion rate.
How to Conduct CRO in the Right Manner
Here are some quick steps to understand the entire process:
- Pinpoint important pages on your website. These are the pages critical to your conversion funnel.
- Record all existing data. You can use existing analytics tools.
- Now you want a benchmark to work from. So formulate a hypothesis.
- Next step is, validate the hypothesis. You can do so by asking the visitors about those important pages. Run this campaign for certain period (X no. of days). Export the data to CSV. With the help of the gathered data, create action points to validate your hypothesis.
- Create a variation of pages that are backed with data from your hypothesis.
- Next step is to split the traffic into 50/50 and conduct A/B testing. Unbounce and Optimizely are some handy tools to do it.
- Collect the data from A/B test.
Ship out the winner to receive 100% of your traffic until your next hypothesis.